27 June 2013

{super}star

I'm still getting used to a world where the stars and moon come out at night but my Nanny isn't here anymore to see them, even from her window. My Papaw either. He's been gone since 2004, but I can still picture his small figure standing in their front yard in the evenings "checking the stars." We saw the supermoon this past weekend from our front yard in Missouri. Ryan and I are headed to the desert for a quick getaway to Las Vegas. Temps are forecast at 110-117, but I'm still looking forward to shopping and eating and seeing the new Michael Jackson tribute show. He was such a superstar.

Summer Stars

by Carl Sandburg
Bend low again, night of summer stars.
So near you are, sky of summer stars, 
So near, a long-arm man can pick off stars, 
Pick off what he wants in the sky bowl, 
So near you are, summer stars, 
So near, strumming, strumming, 
                So lazy and hum-strumming.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails