24 October 2011

One small step...

We were treated to the 3rd grade musical "Spaced Out" last week. Macauley turned down any speaking or starring roles and was content to sing back up on the numbers this time around. It was a cute little show about the planets and the galaxy, with a closing message about dreaming big and taking "one small step" that turns into something huge, a la Neil Armstrong. Made me think about my guy and all the places he will zoom off to someday. The high-pitched singing throughout gave me pause, but I still got a little teary towards the end with all the inspirational quotes about dreaming from life's little works in progress on the stage.



Per tradition, we headed out to eat afterwards at a place of our star's choosing. He picked Panda Inn for his favorite chicken lo mein.



Oh, the places our little boy will go...but I want him in my daily orbit for as long as I can keep him here...


"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small." ~ Neil Armstrong


On that same note, this story in the news has me feeling small, too...what will become of it all?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails