20 November 2011

{now} playing...

We've had a fun weekend...starting with our visit to the brand new IMAX at Springfield 11 to see Happy Feet 2. Critics panned the film and Ryan didn't go for all the musical numbers, but Macauley and I enjoyed the little singing penguins and we all agreed the picture and sound quality of the IMAX (oh, and the ginormous goggles--Mac even upgraded to them eventually) make even the best 3D pale in comparison. We will be back...




Ryan was also sweet enough to take me to see the new Twilight movie Saturday night. We had a yummy dinner at Metro with the Rhoads then hit the late showing. I don't want to see it again, but I think I liked it and look forward to Part 2...


Last Sunday we took our passes and little Megan to SDC for the afternoon. It was such a pretty day and the park wasn't busy at all...an interesting mix of seasons with the Christmas decor surrounded by crunchy brown leaves. We had a mediocre and superexpensive buffet meal at The Mill, rode a few rides and called it a day. We plan to go back in a couple of weeks to see the park lit up with 4 million lights.


















Tonight I posted final grades for the online class I've been teaching the last 10 weeks and I feel 1000 lbs. lighter without that hanging over my head. I also made it over to my little booth this afternoon to add a few things and straighten up. We've got just 2 days of school this week and then a Thanksgiving break with no big plans to venture too far from home. I'll be nesting and resting and maybe doing a little shopping if I get brave...

1 comment:

summersundays-jw said...

What an adorable twosome! Happy Thanksgiving! Jan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails