28 May 2013

thirty-eight


dance floor photo taken by our one and only child

My hubs turns 38 today...Lindsay and Tyson had us over for dinner last night to celebrate.  Tonight we are meeting Ryan's parents and his brother Rob and wife Lauren at Little Tokyo on the north side of town.  Macauley and I got him a few little treats.  We love him so.

The night before Lane's wedding was also our unofficial anniversary--17 years since our first date.  He took me to the mall and bought me a little sleeveless Esprit shirt that would maybe squeeze over one of my arms now but I still have in my cedar chest.  I was 19.  He was about to turn 21.  A couple of kids...I'm so glad I got to grow up with him and I feel such comfort in knowing he is the one I will grow old with...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails