29 May 2013

april {wedding} showers...may flowers







 


 
















 
 
Way back in April we hosted a Couples Shower for Lane and Derek at our house.  We invited the local Lambda Chis and their families.  I did kind of a garden party, outdoorsy theme inspired by that baby wheelbarrow, which I used as the centerpiece on my kitchen island.  I found several other vintage pieces and it was a great motivator to jump into spring decorating and planting.  We ordered food from Ott's Pasta and cake pops from Celebrations by Sonja.  I made a really good lemonade I found on Pinterest.  We opened up the back patio and Ryan hung strings of globe lights for me, something I had been wanting out there for a long time.  I potted little zinnias in some red metal watering cans I found at Target for favors, along with some floral notepads I found at Michael's.  I embellished a burlap wrapped wreath for the front door and placed two giant ferns on either side.  I'm not sure why I didn't take any pictures of the guests, not even the guests of honor!  But Lane and Derek were showered with Lowe's gift cards from our friends the Rhoads, the Turners, the Swans, the Wises, the Allens, and Lindsay and Tyson.  And us!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails