07 January 2016

2015 Reading List


Where She Went (G. Foreman)*
The Silver Star (J. Walls)
Margot (J. Cantor)
The Kitchen House (K. Grissom)
The Invention of Wings (S. Monk Kidd)
We Were Liars (E. Lockhart)*
Wild (C. Strayed)
Lies You Wanted to Hear (J.W. Thomson)
Still Alice (L. Genova)
Tell the Wolves I'm Home (C.R. Brunt)
Number the Stars (L. Lowry)*
Out of the Easy (R. Sepetys)*
All the Truth That's In Me (J. Berry)*
In the Shadow of Blackbirds (C. Winters)*
The Husband's Secret (L. Moriarty)
The Girl You Left Behind (J. Moyes)
The Girl on the Train (P. Hawkins)
All the Light We Cannot See (A. Doerr)
The Winter People (J. McMahon)
Me, Earl & the Dying Girl (J. Andrews)*
Big Little Lies (L. Moriarty)
Fig (S.E. Schanz)
The Outsiders (S. E. Hinton)*
Weightless (S. Bannan)
The Minnow (D. Sweeney)*
The Revelation of Louisa May (M. MacColl)*

The best books I read last year are highlighted; my favorite, by far, was All the Light We Cannot See, which was set in Saint-Malo, one of the places I visited on my trip last summer. Runners-up are Tell the Wolves I'm Home and Fig (I really love the cover on that one, too.).  The ones with a * are YA/Gateway books I read to be in the loop at school.

“The burning moves toward my back, into my shoulder blades.
And this is where my wings would attach if only I could fly away.” 

“There are dark black buttons tattooed on my heart. 
I’ll carry them for the rest of my days.” 

“Open your eyes and see what you can with them 
before they close forever.” 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails