23 October 2009

Good friend, good finds

Barb and I did a little junking last Sunday and both came home with several sweet finds. I had been wanting some weathered dishes with gold trim to use on my dining room table for Christmas, and I got this whole set for just $7.50.

I also found the black metal basket that I think could have several uses. It's really heavy.

Barb spotted the little pup and knew it would find a home in my collection. The clock is really rough, but I like it. Both were about $5. So was the camera.

I already have a couple of these Cloverine Salve tins, but I grabbed this one for $1.

More small white creamers and a cheesebox I will use to organize something when I get organized.


What a sweet postcard, with a lonesome kitty. I like the message to one sister from another on the back. 100 years old! Amazing.

I think I'll frame this series somehow.


And I got this whole kaboodle of thimbles for less than $2. We had a great time shopping and then had a quick dinner at McAlister's. Barb is such a good friend to me, such a cheerleader for me as a teacher and a mom, and she's got major shopping stamina to boot! A fun day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails