16 August 2012

Wading in


We went back to school Wednesday...much earlier than years past so that we finish first semester before Christmas Break.  I mean Winter Break.  Macauley is thrilled to be in fourth grade with Ms. Craig, his favorite teacher from second grade.  He really, really wanted those black and yellow Nikes; I searched high and low to find them in his size.  He's carried that giant Trapper home empty each night so far for some reason. 

I had my usual anxiety about the start of classes--wondering what kind of mix of kids I would have, if we would hit it off, if I could get up in the dark at 6 a.m. after the lazy days of summer, if I really have what it takes to do all that is asked of me and then some.  So far, most of my worries have been quelled.  I think it's all going to be just fine.


We got a whopper storm this evening that finally filled the barren little creek behind our house to bursting.  Macauley and I put on our boots when the rain had passed and walked down for a look.
You might not think that teaching would make you physically bone tired, but that's how I've felt the last two nights.  I'll get my mojo back soon enough, but for now I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend at home to regroup before we head into week 2.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails