01 January 2011

Christmas Morning

Macauley came into our room around 7:45 in disbelief that we were actually still in bed. We had to get up to see if Santa had made his way to Woodfield Avenue...


Macauley was excited and polite and grateful as he scanned the small items spread on the floor and the surprises in his stocking and even the treats left for the pets of the house, but I knew he was disappointed not to see the item he'd been obsessing over for months. "Santa knows I've already gotten a METRIC TON of presents," he said.


There had been lots of talk on the news about the likelihood of a white Christmas for us, but we really only got a light dusting of snow. We lured Macauley outside to see if there was enough powder to try out his new sleds, but no, there really wasn't. I told him we'd just go back inside through the garage and I put up the door...

and there was the Polaris Power Wheels we'd been visiting at Toys 'r Us for months! Santa had tucked it in right behind Dad's car! Macauley first looked at me and asked if I had gotten it for him and if I knew all along it was in the garage. I just shrugged and said, "Why would you think that?" and he quickly moved on...
Such a dream come true for this little boy...it's even got an MP3 player jack. Ryan loaded up his old iphone for Macauley and he's spent most free moments either driving around the neighborhood or sitting in the garage jamming out to his music. He calls it his "baby." I'm so glad Santa could deliver such a wallop of Christmas joy to our sweet, hilarious boy...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails