07 June 2009

Make do

I've been wanting a dining set for the back patio but haven't found "the one." So I scraped some things together for the party we had a couple of weeks ago to "make do" out back. Turns out, I worked really hard getting the whole inside of the house guest-ready and everyone ended up out here most of the night.

The wicker chairs and table were flea finds from a trip with Barb back in April. I got a fern at Lowe's and stuck it in a concrete planter I've had for a while. I have never had much luck with ferns, but this one is hanging in so far. I already had the big square shutter and I found the clock hands on clearance at Hobby Lobby, along with a couple of the hurricanes.

Throw in a couple of hobnail votive cups I've always had and a flea market lamp topper that was 79 cents...


I had to use this little table to kind of block off the opening where stairs down to the backyard should be, another project yet to be done. I don't know if anyone noticed what I patched together, but this seemed to be the place to be.

1 comment:

trash talk said...

I'd sit out there and drink mimosas with you!
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails