13 June 2012

Getting it together

 Been feeling rather cow-like lately (there's my new little shaker), so I downloaded the Get Running Couch to 5K app on my iphone and hit the streets around the pool today while Macauley did swim team practice.  Week 1 Run 1 is in the books.  I came home with a major headache, but blasted it with some sweet tea (contributes to cowness, but it had to be done) and went on an organizational rampage.  This little counter is one side of a small butler's pantry walkthrough between the kitchen and dining room, and it had become a catch-all for all sorts of important and non-important papers, mail, electronics, tools, dishes, and more.  I moved everything out and got to sorting.

Ryan's mom gave me this Pottery Barn silverware caddy for Christmas, not long after I had posted a pic of it to my blog (which she didn't see...she just knows me!).  I filled the slots with bills, envelopes, coupons and notepads.
We call thisthe junk drawer, but it's really mostly office-type supplies.  I edited and resituated, and repurposed the adjacent drawer as the tool drawer.  There are more tools on the workbench in the garage, but these are the ones that were floating around the house in all sorts of places.

I moved my little lamp from my office.  I already miss it in there, so I may have to find another for this spot, but I like the soft light next to the platters.  I have a sizable collection of old postcards--these two tucked in the cabinet glass are reminders...


In other news, I finally figured out how to get my own Pinterest boards without having a facebook account (I created a Twitter account and then cancelled it, as suggested on the Pinterest FAQ).  I clicked away at all sorts of stuff this evening, but had. to. walk. away.  I need to spend more time figuring it all out.  But that was another check on my list of things I wanted to do this summer.

Here's hoping both the new organization and the running program have some staying power...and that I don't get (too) addicted to pinning...

1 comment:

Decorating Ideas said...

Hello
Nesting Notions
Well done discussing this subject! It is very important to have quality contents in the web like this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails