21 December 2009

Oklahoma weekend

We headed south to Oklahoma this past weekend to visit my family. We stopped Friday night at the former world's largest McDonalds that straddles I-44 near Vinita, OK. It's kind of a questionable place with all sorts of people coming and going, but Macauley enjoyed it. I ate the Southwestern Salad with grilled chicken and I'm still not sure if I liked it or not.


We got a nice suite at the new Fairfield Inn in Muskogee, the town of my birth and the home of my mom's mom and sister and my dad's dad, sister and brother. We moved to Missouri just before I turned 8, but I spent a lot of time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins in Muskogee when I was growing up. I don't make it back often now, but I'm so glad we went this past weekend. It was so nice to see my family, and I took a ton of pictures of our time together Saturday to post.

My little traveler was delighted with the hotel and couldn't wait to hit the pool and hot tub.

We swam a little both evenings we were there. Macauley had a breakthrough on the first night and swam all the way across the pool several times unassisted, even jumping in and swimming to the other end without stopping. He hasn't ever done that before. He probably still needs to work on not flailing around so much and expending way more energy than he needs to when he swims, but this was a big step.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails