26 August 2010

Back in the business...

...of getting up early, getting dressed, and eating a quick breakfast, all with the help of Dad (high school starts much earlier, so Mom is up and gone before her boys get out of bed)...

...lacing up the new shoes (which may or may not be a perfect fit--it's so hard to select shoes for a kid, especially one with impatient and fickle feedback)...

...strapping on the new backpack (which so far has come home mostly empty each day) and latching on the lunchbox (packed with a Lunchables and a carrots-and-ranch-to-go-pack)...


...and meeting friends (old and new) in the hallways of Wanda Gray...3 days down and 177 to go...

3 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Look at those happy little faces! Did you see happy little faces at school too, Hayley? te he. Have fun being back "in the business"!!
xo,
Debra

Polly said...

Hi Hayley! Hope your school year goes great! Do you teach at the high school level? I commend you...that has got to be one difficult job! (I know what I was like as a teenager!!!) :-)

Hope you can still do some blog posts....I just love stopping by here and seeing what you're up to!!

Polly

Karee said...

Macualey looks so handsome! Did he get into Cubs? I am glad you are all "back in business". I am not sure how I am going to be able to add academics to whole college experience when school starts Monday. I hope your new freshmen are nice! Miss you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails