14 August 2011

Doing our duty

This past week was ours to be on duty for the neighborhood pool, which I interpreted as unlocking and locking the gates and bathrooms at 10 A and 10 P each day, although there might be more involved I wasn't aware of. We went down a little early Friday night and let Macauley get in for a night swim before we closed up shop.


While Macauley was underwater, Ryan surprised him by jumping in even though he hadn't worn his trunks and they did a little roughhousing. Boys will be boys...


Then yesterday afternoon we attended Pacs for Pups downtown at the 1984 Arcade, a fundraiser for a local animal rescue group called the Killuminati Foundation.











I've never been especially skilled at video games, but there's something about these familiar 80s graphics (whoa, ultravampy Ms. PacMan!) that fills me with nostalgia...The other day we were driving and Macauley was asking me about when I grew up and why we didn't ever wear seatbelts and, having had this same conversation several times before, I just shook my head and said we didn't know better or something. He was quiet for a bit then shrugged and said with a pensive exhale, "It was just a simpler time...a simpler time." Indeed.


We lunched at Maria's then, our duty done, hit the pool again and spent a relaxing afternoon/evening at home...



1 comment:

Christine said...

What a great day you and the family had and yes, those were simpler times...
Christine@basketofhydrangeas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails