19 August 2008

Here and there

We are without our little boy again. He got back from his camping trip with Ryan's parents late last night, and then we were off to meet my mom today in Monett for her to keep him this week while I attend school meetings and get my classroom ready. We met at VB Hall Antique Mall in Monett and I got a few little goodies: a white plastic butter dish that I will use to hold something in my office, a little miniature goat for my shadowbox (I have wanted a couple of real goats for a while now, the little bitty ones that are so cute), a dog with her babies in a basket and a black and white hankie. We had lunch at Acambaro, a Mexican place where I always order the #11, no lettuce, then I headed back to Springfield and straight to Kickapoo. My classroom was a huge mess, and after about 5 hours of work, now it's a medium-sized mess. We have meetings all day tomorrow, so that leaves me Thursday and Friday to not only put everything in its place, but also to figure out what the heck I am doing at least the first few days next week. I am not in a teacher state of mind just yet, but I will be...We are going to watch the movie Smart People tonight. We watched the award winners No Country for Old Men and There Will Be Blood last week. I'm not one to enjoy violent movies, but Ryan and I both really liked the dialogue and characters in No Country for Old Men. There Will Be Blood was rather tedious for me. I can see why critics loved it but I sure don't want to sit through that one again any time soon. My sister Lindsay is over tonight and made the Cowan Family Taco Salad for dinner. Delish. And she brought Andy's Frozen Custard for dessert! She can stay with us anytime!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

You want goats? :) I live in Texas. (DFW metroplex). I'll have to get back on the glue. It took me a while to figure out which glue to actually buy. But I can tell you that I bought it at Home depot. :) Good luck with your classroom. xoxo, Joanna

April said...

awww...I miss Andy's! There's a place up here called Sheridan's but it's not the same. Good luck with school. Now that I've figured out what we are doing this first week, it's time for me to do the same for next week! Agreed--I'm not quite in the teacher-mode just yet.

Anonymous said...

Hayley, I'm feeling the back-to-school blues as well. For some reason, this year has crept up on me and I'm still in disbelief that we will actually have students in our classrooms in a few short days! I hope your meetings weren't as boring as mine were today...

Georgia Girl said...

Awh...I have goats...they are really pretty fun to have around. Great tax benefit also...hehehe...

Love the neat little finds you have. I have been looking for a goats also since I have started collecting them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails