I've been working on this hutch I bought at the thrift store off and on for several weeks. I ended up distressing the bottom much more than I planned but it looks kind of neat. I took this picture before I finished matching the top to the base, which wasn't working very well. I think I used two different paints. So I took my garden spade to the top and beat it up. I'll take another picture of the final product when I put it in my booth on Friday.
A teacher I work with asked me at the end of the school year to arrange some of her grandfather's military memorabilia in a shadow box for her over the summer. I haven't ever done a shadow box before, but she said she wanted to keep it simple. This is my first draft. I haven't pinned anything down. I sent her some pictures for feedback before I made it permanent. I wanted to put an old flag in there somehow, but what I had took up more room than I thought it would. I'm trying to think of some other things to make or dig up to put in my booth. We'll see what I can come up with.