27 April 2009

Wow, thanks

It's been a long and difficult day (in short--the contract fell through on the other house and I found out Macauley was terrible for Ryan's mom when he stayed with them this past weekend and I am so embarrassed and disheartened) but after dinner we took Booker for a muddy walk on the trail in the woods and I came home to find that Debbie at Talking Trash had left me a message and tagged me for this sweet award. My first ever! I do enjoy keeping up with my blog both as a creative outlet and as a place to remember, and it means something to know others love to blog too and peek in on mine from time to time.




The Rules:


1. List 7 things that you LOVE.


2. Link to the person who has tagged you.


3. Choose 7 more bloggers to give the Kreativ Blogger Award to.


4. Comment on those 7 blogs to let the recipients know you chose them.



This exercise in positivity is so what I need right now, so here goes:



1. Sweet Tea: When I was growing up, we had a pitcher of sweet tea on the table with every meal and I to this day enjoy no beverage more than an ice cold glass of tea, the sweeter the better.

2. Kittens: I am an animal lover in general, but I simply cannot resist the cuteness of a little kitten. A couple of years ago, my husband Ryan surprised me on my birthday by bringing home a skinny little black kitten (just what I had always wanted!) with a pink bow tied around its neck. I never would have thought he would get me another cat--we already had two--and boy was she adorable. I named her Maya Angelou after one of my favorite black writers.

3. Flea Markets: I realize that's an obvious one, but I really do love, love, love junking around in flea markets and finding things that make me happy. Could I flea every day? Perhaps.

4. Summer Vacation: I am a high school teacher and I am counting down to the lazy days of freedom coming up. We go to school until 3 June, but come 4 June, my son and I will be on our own schedule...staying up late and sleeping in, lazy mornings at the house, trying out our new neighborhood pool, going to Rogers to visit my parents at camp, and whatever else we feel like.



5. The Color Purple: My favorite book of all time, one I've read many times. I LOVE that book and always will.



6. Chips and guacamole. Chippy-dippys are for sure my weakness food and a good guacamole is something I can never stop eating.



7. My little boy. Again, a no-brainer, but we've had a rough day and I of course still love him more than anything else. He is an only child and lives a somewhat indulged life, which has manifested in bossiness and sassiness that has us all worn out. He's too smart and won't take no for an answer, and he often leaves me feeling like I am completely unfit to raise another human being. He's grounded for the week (no friends over, no superfluous snacks after school, and I guess no anything else that is fun to him) for being hellacious to his grandmother, something I still cannot fathom. He is so different from his dad and me. I wonder if all parents feel these things or if it is just me...But despite the hard times, there is much about him to LOVE and I will do so no matter what.




I can think of many things I heart: magazines, my sisters, my parents, rainy days, old houses, being crafty, tarnished silver, black and white typography, chippy furniture, reading, Top Chef, Project Runway, Bravo, Moulin Rouge, Jack Johnson, my sweet black DAWG, a clean quiet house, Jeopardy!..., but I'll pass on the fun to some bloggers I enjoy checking in on:



1. twin2trip at Full House
2. April at MickeyMFan
3. Alysia at Just Married!!
4. Christy at BeeandBess
5. Denise at Vintage Gardens
6. Jen at Red Books & Chairs
7. Alicia at A Tale of Two Kiddies

2 comments:

Audi Sue said...

Oh how I remember your mom alway's haveing sweet tea! and other things that I loved to come to your house and have!! :)

Full House said...

Oh how fun I'll start working on this. Thanks for thinking of me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails