27 July 2008

An afternoon to myself

The boys were both out of the house today, so I slept late and then spent the afternoon puttering in my office/craft room. I'm still having a little trouble getting back into scrapbooking (perhaps I'm reluctant to get ALL my stuff out since I only recently got it all put away), but I got these layouts done today. The Growing Like a Weed pictures were taken back in May out near the James River bridge at 60 & 65. The little ostrich was a gift from Aunt Lindsay that came along for this particular ride.

I had a lot of pictures from La Petite graduation, so I didn't do a whole lot to these pages other than cram in a bunch of photos and call it good. I had taken some pictures of Macauley at the school that night after he took off his robe, so I did another page just as a little memory of La Petite, a place where Macauley really flourished. We all miss him going there.


Some people called to look at the house this afternoon, so Booker T. and I got in the car to get out of their way. We stopped at McDonald's for 2 plain hamburgers, a little treat for my sweet old dog, and then I breezed through STD East just to look in on my favorite booths while Booker waited in the hot car. I snatched up a funny looking vintage stuffed dog for my collection and a cute little dog picture. I found a pretty dining set there to rehab (for my dream house!) but it didn't have a price and the manager couldn't get in touch with the dealer. I might have to go check on it tomorrow while some teachers I know from school are here doing a deep clean on my house, using their summer time off to make extra money for a trip they're planning, I think. Thank goodness for them. I am about spent on the house sprucing for a bit.

That goofy little blue fella fits right in with my other old toys...The little black and white one (2nd from left on the bottom shelf) is probably my favorite, though.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails