07 July 2009

C is for Cassville

I went to my hometown of Cassville, Missouri on Sunday afternoon for one of my oldest friend's baby shower, and I had to make a trip out of it and stop at one of the local flea markets on my way back out of town. I picked up a few things and I've just Connected that they Coincidentally all begin with the letter C, including these Candle holders (so Cheap at 75 Cents for all)...

...a Colonial man holding a Cornucopia (which I thought fit in with my 4th of July stuff but could also go for Thanksgiving, too) with the shower favor--Cracker Jacks in the background...


...a little Crock...

...a Cage I put under a Cloche...



...and a Creamer...



...and finally, Congratulations to Kandi, my fiery, red-headed friend for years and years (pictured here with my Cool friend Andrea Lea and my former teammate Casey), who is expecting a baby boy to arrive in St. Charles in September! I almost had a Catastrophe on the way home when I was running extremely low on gas and the station I had planned to stop at had Closed down unbeknownst to me. I barely made it (with, literally, zero miles to go on my fuel indicator) back to Country Corner in Purdy and was relieved to see they took Credit Cards because I was afraid the little place only took Cash or Checks and that's why I had Cluelessly passed it by in the first place. Kind of Crazy, huh?

2 comments:

trash talk said...

Clever!
(BTW, I just love that Cracker Jacks went back to their original packaging...too cute!)
Debbie

trash talk said...

I think 69 changes into 75 when you cross over into Texas, so Mckinney would be on your way. Smitten is a wonderful store.
W&T's is open Wed.-Sat. I don't know the store hours for those in McKinney. I'll check for you and see. Athens and Malakoff are about an hour from Dallas. While in Dallas, be sure and go to the Design District on Industrial Blvd. Country Gardens is a beautiful shop and there are a lot of high end places there as well. City View has "real antiques", the White Elephant has something for everybody with prices from $ to $$$. Check and see when Buchanan's Antique Show is. It may be the weekend you are in Dallas. That's a fun market and it is open on Sunday in the Fair Park. I have never found much in Sherman or Denison, but there is always a first time. I was hoping someone from the Muskogee area would pitch something since I've never shopped there. There was a market in Tulsa, but I don't know if they still have it.
I'll keep digging.
Debbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails