14 July 2009

D Town


The baby shower was held in the clubhouse at Ryan and Melissa's building, One Arts Plaza, in downtown Dallas. Macauley was enthralled by their place on the 22nd floor, the elevator, the view, the trash chute to the basement, all of it. So modern and metropolitan. In fact, Macauley loved Dallas in general and was an excellent traveler. He didn't want to leave.


The clubhouse is a glassed in room on the corner of the 20th floor, with a living area and a kitchenette. Macauley watched planes take off from the runway we could see in the distance and then watched the planes fly right over the top of the building.


Melissa got all sorts of cute and useful stuff. Lots of pink. But good pink...not over-the-top.




One of Melissa and Ryan's friends was there making and serving all the food, and it was delicious. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures of Ryan and Melissa or my Aunt Debbie or my mother or anyone else there...



Macauley played with (my cousin) Ryan and his friends during the shower then got to take a dip in the pool, also on the 20th floor near the clubhouse. It looks like mostly a lay-by-and-look-pretty pool, but Macauley went for it, basking in the sun in the shallow ends and floating in the 4 foot section.




We had already been to Athens, Texas, that morning (more about that later), and after the shower Macauley and I were pretty wiped out. But we rallied and went to Cost Plus World Market near our hotel and then to the Anthropologie at Highland Park Village, not too far down the road. I made an exchange at Anthropologie and found a few other items (including some numbered teacups on clearance for $3.95 and a cute red cardigan) and then Macauley and I had a quick dinner at a place there at the shopping center.







We ate out on the patio near a fountain and chatted all through dinner. This was as far away from home as the two of us have been on our own. I missed (my) Ryan a lot and wished I had him to talk to and see the town with, but Macauley really was fun to travel with. He was just enraptured by everything and open to anything. I hope he stays that way...


A little bird kept flying in for a drink on the fountain as we ate, and Macauley and I tossed a couple of french fries down for it to eat. Don't know if you're supposed to do that or not, but that's just how we are.



Back at the hotel, we changed into our suits for Macauley's second swim of the day, this time in the pool and hot tub at the Fairfield Inn. I asked Macauley what his favorite thing we did the whole trip was and he said it was the hot tub. Hands down.

1 comment:

trash talk said...

Hayley, he is just so cute and well behaved. I hated not being able to spend more time with y'all on Saturday, but I had to get that mess finished so I could get home and get dressed for my best friends wedding reception. I hope y'all enjoyed your Texas trip!
Debbie
P.S. Tell Mac I said thank you again for the Now & Later. That watermelon really perked me up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails