14 July 2009

Ladies who lunch

After our Texas Adventure, which I will need several posts to cover, Macauley stayed with my Aunt Debbie in Muskogee, Oklahoma, for a couple of days. She made the 3 hour drive and brought him home today and brought my Nanny along for the ride. Neither of them had been to my house before. Lindsay and I made lunch for them and they spent the afternoon with us.

To be more specific, Lindsay made lunch--chicken salad on croissants and soutwest corn bake--and I set the table. I did bake the cake and do the grocery shopping.


Nanny was already in the car when I realized I hadn't gotten any pictures, so instead of her having to get out (she has a little trouble getting around these days), we went to her. She is much quieter now than she was when I was growing up, and it had been so long since I'd seen her. She is wrapped around so many of my memories...

I know Macauley had a great time with Aunt Debbie, playing in the sprinkler and going grocery shopping. He talked her into a month's worth of snacks for his two day stay. Debbie said it was good practice for her since she will have two grandbabies soon. I'm glad I got to show her my house and have the ladies up for lunch...wish I could do that more often.

2 comments:

The Green Pea said...

Oh! what lovely ladies, looks like you had a great time. The chicken salad sounds wonderful... Sandi

Aunt Karen said...

These pictures make me very home sick. I wish Florida was not so far away from Oklahoma/Missouri/Texas. Our life is so grounded here now that I don't see any way to permenantly be closer. Reading your blog helps cover the miles in many ways! Let's do the family blog. Email me...montyandkaren@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails